Friday, October 5, 2018

Friday Scrapple

It's the start of a long weekend for many.  I hope you enjoy it.  This is a great time of year.

Yes, the Philadelphia Flyers' new mascot is on the creepy side.  If this is the most important you have to worry about, it's been a good week.

I don't cook or bake, but I love the way supermarkets look in the fall.

One of the scariest times of the year, deer mating season, is here.  It breaks my heart to see so many dead animals on the road.

It's sad to see the Baltimore Orioles turn in to a dumpster fire.

I lucked out in the Tuesday storms-- just a few bursts of heavy rain.

Jeopardy host Alex Trebek is getting low marks for his handling of a gubernatorial discussion in Hershey this week.  I applaud everyone involved for thinking outside the box.  Most debates merely give candidates an opportunity to spew their prepackaged lines, anyway.

Regardless of your feelings on Penn State, its "white outs" are impressive.

Either the technology is improving, or I'm getting better at using them.  I'm experiencing fewer issues with self service store checkouts.  It's a shame they don't put those employees to work, getting rid of wayward carts in the parking lots.

Christmas catalogs have begun to invade my mail box.

Five eastern Pennsylvania October tornadoes in one day.  Amazing and fascinating.

Already purchased a 2019 calendar.  Dollar store.

Thank heaven for the annual Steamtown Marathon.  It gives Scranton and other towns on the 26.1 mile route the incentive to parch potholes and get rid of trash.  We need a marathon every weekend.