Friday, December 28, 2018

Top Ten: Trio

It is not a coincidence that this photo appears on my birthday.  It's special for a few reasons, and here it goes.

Mindi Ramsey took this one back in November.  Mindi on one side, Joe on the other, annoying me as I was helping run the WNEP assignment desk.  Joe is holding Eggenezer Scrooge and Christmas Piggy.  The rubber chicken was purchased at Green Ridge News in Scranton, and yes, Joe really did pay me back.  Christmas Piggy was an anonymous gift.  Thank you, to that person, wherever you are.  I've been in broadcasting for a long, long time, and I am still touched by the kindness of strangers.

Someone was recently asking me about my closest friends at the office.  I am flanked by two of them, and I am lucky to have them as part of the "inner circle."  Mindi has been great from day one.  Joe and I took a little time to get on the same page.  The woman you see just over my head is Teresa the producer, one of the sharpest I've ever been associated with.  It's a pleasure to anchor one of her broadcasts.  There are a few others in that inner circle, and I am thankful for all of them.