Sunday, January 27, 2019

Andy's Angles: My Way or the Highway

Today, it's another shot from the fourth floor of the hotel next to WNEP.  Our building is off to the left.  Interstate 81 and the Davis Street bridge are on the right.

The state barred big trucks and buses from the interstates and the turnpike during last weekend's storm.  I'm sorry if you're a truck driver because, for most, you don't get paid unless your wheels are rolling.  On the other hand, if I had a nickel for every jackknifed tractor trailer on a snowy road I've seen...  And, yes, I will admit that ill prepared auto drivers and 4 wheel vehicle drivers, who think they are bulletproof,  cause their share of crashes.

PennDOT put out a news release after the storm, touting that every interstate stayed open during the storm.  That's like an airline putting out a daily news release saying "we didn't crash today." 

Congratulations!  You actually did your job.