Friday, January 18, 2019

Coat II

I resisted for a long time, but I've finally become a convert.  I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I've grown to like puffy coats.

My reluctance stemmed from the look.  They can be bulky and not very flattering.  Some of the shiny ones make you look like you're wearing a trash bag.  There are times that Michelin Man look are unavoidable.

Useless trivia:  The Michelin Man has a name.  It's "Bibendum."

Back to the coat...  even though the look isn't the greatest, they are warm.  The big plus, in my book, is the weight.  They are light as a feather, pardon the pun.  I like that.

I do save puffy coat appearances for the really cold weather and it looks like we'll have some of that this week.

As regular readers know, I feel the movie "A Christmas Story" is hugely over-rated.  Yes, it's cute and amusing.  Once.  The part that I do like is watching everyone in their heavy wool winter wear.  That's what we had when we were kids.  It was heavy, uncomfortable, and itchy.  If you encounter a winter hater, chances are they had to wear that stuff when they were kids.  Thank heaven for down, fiberfill, and Thinsulate.