Thursday, January 17, 2019

Half

I know I do a similar blog entry every year, but bear with me.  It helps me cope.

The three coldest months of the year are December, January, and February.  Check the calendar.  Winter is now half over!

I can't really complain.  It hasn't been that bad, so far.  No below zero cold.  Only one major storm, and I was lucky to have the day off for that one.  You remember that one-- the week before Thanksgiving.  It was the storm forecasters didn't see coming and Penndot botched, again.

As I write this, there is the potential for a weekend filled with snow and ice.

Let's look forward.  The last two weeks of January are traditionally the coldest of the year, but as of February 1, the daily high and low averages start to inch up, ever so slowly.  This is also the time of year you can feel those later sunsets, and notice the sun getting a little stronger.

We're not out of the woods yet.  We have had cold snaps and monster storms in the tail end of winter, but least a huge section of the season is now behind us.

NFL PICKS:

I'm 5 for 8 in the playoffs so far.  Let's see if I can improve this weekend.

Kansas City is a three point home favorite versus New England.  If KC wins, it will be a close one, so I'm expecting a New England win.  Take the Patriots and the points.  As I've said earlier, I won't become a KC believer until they win a big game.  I'm not there yet.  I will become a KC believer if New England goes home, and that will make me very happy.

New Orleans is giving up 3.5 to the Los Angeles Rams.  I thought the Rams looked good last week.  Take the Rams and the points.  I get the feeling the Rams will win.

I haven't watched a Super Bowl since 1999, so I don't care who plays and who wins.  Even though the Rams and Chiefs are Super Bowl veterans, it's been a while and it seems like and interesting match up.

Anyone but New England, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing the Patriots February 3rd.