Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday Scrapple

I get tired of Valentine's Day complaints rather quickly.  Buy the candy and roses.  Go out to dinner, and be thankful you have someone in your life.

The food wasn't great, but it was fun and comfortable.  I miss Howard Johnson's/

I did a little malling this week.  I won't mention the place.   Dead.  Tired.  Shabby.

I'm expecting a huge pothole problem this year.  Poor patching in 2018 rears its ugly head in 2019.

It's that horrible time of year.  After football.  Before baseball.

We had some nastiness so far, but overall, we've had worse winters.

The handwriting was on the wall.  Rocky's Bar in Scranton agreed to close for six months.  There have been a few shootings outside it in recent months.  We'll see the next trouble spot that develops.

It would be nice if the Pittsburgh Penguins agree to keep their AHL team in Wilkes-Barre Township, but if they leave, another team will take their place.

Another huge bank merger recently announced:  SunTrust and BB&T.  The latter has a small footprint in our area.  The merged bank will have a new name, yet to be announced.

Academy Awards coming up.  I'm no expert.  Best Picture looks wide open to me.

It's been ages since I've had a really good onion ring.

Katie Couric is writing her autobiography.  It'll be out in a couple of years.  I doubt I'll read it, but the chapter on walking away from one of the best jobs in broadcasting, the Cronkite chair, should be interesting.