Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Not Again!

Weather always fascinated me.  I abandoned it as a career choice eons ago when I realized all the math it involves.   I'm not a math fan.

It is one of those weeks where I envy meteorologists and pity them at the same time.  A really interesting storm is approaching-- one that brings with it just about every type of precipitation.  So much involves timing and location-- when and where the snow will turn to sleet, freezing rain, and rain.  It seems the forecast changes and it refined every hour.  Snow totals go up, and they come back down.

This is reminiscent of a storm we had in mid January.  Big snow totals that were in for forecast never materialized because the warm air arrived a little early.  That is the storm that kept me in a hotel next to the station for the weekend, and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep after that little adventure.

I'm taking all the precautions.  My car's gas tank has been topped off.  All of my electronic devices have been charged.  There are extra Power Bars in my work bag.  Hats and gloves are ready.  I will be very happy if this storm is like the last one, and we don't get all that snow that was in the original forecast.  Of course, sleet and freezing rain are no picnic either.