Thursday, February 21, 2019

Storm Roulette

I was on a roll for a while.  The last spurt of winter storms happened on my work days.  The latest broke my way.  It fell on one of my days off.

There is a certain serenity to look out the window, watch the flakes fall, and know you don't have to go anywhere or do anything.  I made a big box store run after the gym at 4 AM yesterday for some essentials.  Luckily, the store had the printer ink cartridge I needed.  That meant I didn't have to hit the big office supply store during the daylight hours.  There are a few things I really should do, like a trip to the bank and the drug store.  They are not urgent.  They can wait.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll away.

Not quite, but you get the idea.

There are some give-backs.  I'm sure cabin fever will set in.  I will get that feeling like I've wasted a day off.  I might have to skip the trip to the gym, and that will make me antsy.

I did get a few things done, nothing major.  Just some straightening and organizing.  It was enough to keep me busy.  I also did get in a little extra sleep, and that is a blog entry down the road.

It's only February 21.  There is still plenty of winter left.  I'm sure I'll be standing in a parking lot, in a snowstorm, somewhere, telling you about what we hope will be winter's last blast.

If you do have to go out, please be extra careful.

Otis and I will be here when you get back.