Monday, February 11, 2019

Unfinished Monday

I watched some of the Super Bowl LIII replays on the NFL Network.  Nantz and Romo are no Summerall and Madden, but they were fine.  Photography and camera work were excellent.  Graphics didn't get in the way.

Ratings were down, and I can see why.  Defensive struggles don't get numbers.  People are sick of the Patriots.  I'm sure CBS made a fortune.  FOX has the Super Bowl next year, so it has to sell those low numbers to advertisers.  I think it's safe to say FOX will do okay.
==

So far, we haven't had many snowy days, and just a few really cold snaps.  It really felt good to say "good bye" to January.
==

CNN's coverage of the State of the Union address came in dead last.  If that's not a clear message to corporate headquarters, I don't know what is.
==

A bankruptcy judge has okayed a take over by the guy who helped run the company in to the ground in the first place.  Mall owners and creditors pushed for a liquidation.  Sears/KMart keeps about 425 stores open.  I'm sure the employees are thankful, but I just get the feeling that this is a major uphill battle.
==

the new season of "Brockmire" on IFC begins in April.  Don't miss it!