Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Scrapple

I miss David Letterman any time I channel surf weeknights at 11:35 PM.  Watching him on "Ellen" yesterday only drove the point home.  The humor.  The sharp wit.  How I long for that every night.

There are few things more depressing than a cold rain.

It's "March Madness" time.  The Major League Baseball season is underway.  We've had some major golf tournaments.  The insufferably long NBA and NHL playoffs are approaching.  The NFL season is still five months away, and yet, NFL talk dominates radio.  We are a football nation.

Burger King has tacos!

I'm sorry, but I don't care about your brackets.  I will admit to liking CBS and Turner crews working together.  Love the change up.

The "National Enquirer" (yes, I know) reports Megyn Kelly has her sights set on "CBS This Morning."  She is a skilled and smart woman, but I don't know if this is a good fit.  I've been wrong before.

I have friends who are major DisneyWorld freaks.  Never been, and I just don't get it.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing.  Merely, I don't understand it.  I'm assuming I fail here because I'm cheap.  Plus, I'm not one for crowds and noise on my days off.

I can't remember the last time I purchased a Powerball ticket.  I did buy some scratchers as stocking stuffers a few years back.

The auditor general warns the Pennsylvania Turnpike faces bankruptcy.  Unbelievable!  Like the Scranton School District, why do we always get to the brink before the alarm goes off?

I don't know how I'm able to do it, but I have resisted the temptation to visit a donut shop or grab one out of the mini mart case.  It's not easy.

My heart broke for the Lady Bucks of Dunmore high school Thursday evening.  They never gave up.  There is a lesson for all of us.