Thursday, May 2, 2019

Against the Tide

Being "up" on pop culture is part of my job, but I have to admit, I'd get creamed if it was a category on "Jeopardy!"

I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested in "Game of Thrones" or anything with a zombie in it.  I didn't watch "Breaking Bad."  I tried to watch "The Sopranos," but I just thought it was a parade of every bad Italian stereotype out there.

The first time I heard about Jussie Smollett was when he reported an assault to police.

I know enough about the Kardashians to know I don't like them.

Most "reality" TV bores me, especially if there is the word "real" in the title.

I have no interest in any superhero movie.  I was in a theater for one of the original "Star Wars" trilogy and the Michael Keaton "Batman" movie.  I couldn't wait to get out of there.  For me, "Star Trek" ended when NBC cancelled it in 1969.

None of the above things can really be classified as “awful.”  They are simply not for me.

I will fully admit that most of my pursuits, old game shows, TV news history, biking, photographing inanimate objects, bores people to tears.

I just get the feeling that I'm swimming against the pop culture tide.