Friday, June 28, 2019

Media Friday

Bob Ley is retiring after 40 years at ESPN.  He was sports without the schtick, and I miss that approach.

ABC's summer game shows are producing solid ratings, and that makes me happy, even though I still think the "Card Sharks" pacing is glacial and the game is flawed.

I know I've said this before, but I've been catching some old games on the NFL Network.  Has there ever been a team as good as Summerall and Madden?

If someone has the answer, I'd love to hear it, but ten presidential candidates on a debate stage is far too many.  There has to be a better way.

Forbes reports the retooled CBS morning show is down 21 per cent in the ratings.  Any new cast needs time to gel with the audience.

Perry Mason was an incredible attorney.

Someone has been posting clips of David Letterman's short lived morning show on YouTube.  It was funny back then.  Still funny now.

Max Wright, Willie Tanner from TV's "Alf," died this week.  75.  Great character.  Great work.  Wright was also the TV station manager in the brilliant Dabney Coleman sitcom "Buffalo Bill."

I was listening to the radio when there was that big explosion in Philadelphia.  KYW ruled, and it's everything radio should be.