Thursday, August 29, 2019

The Lost Year

It's my biking anniversary.  I bought it the Thursday before Labor Day in 2012.

I've had some great times.  Last year was a record setter.  I went on some long rides, including a 31.3 mile trip through the streets of Lackawanna County.

This year, it's a much different story.  Good rides have been few and far between.

I ride early in the morning on my days off.  This year, during my free time, it's either been raining, or horribly hot and humid.  Most of my biking has been stationary and in a gym.  It's driving me nuts.

There are still a couple of good months left.  The bike usually gets put away for the season around Halloween.  Maybe we'll have one of those mild early winters.  A few years ago, I was riding until the week before Christmas.

I hope for a good fall to make up for a lousy summer.  I did get in a few nice journeys recently.  Fingers crossed for good weather during my annual September vacation.