Monday, September 23, 2019

Mister Softee

What happened to me?

As noted earlier, I'm really stepping back from my interest in the NFL, but some stories are bigger than sports.  That includes Antonio Brown, Ben Roethlisberger's season ending injury, and the NY Giants benching quarterback Eli Manning.

This entry is about the latter.

Call me Mister Softee, but I feel very sorry for Eli Manning.  He represented himself and his team well for the past several years.  I'm not sure if his skills have diminished, or if the Giants brass surrounded him with a lousy team.  The Giants aren't winning, and someone has to pay the price.  Enter Eli Manning. Or, exit Eli Manning.

I know the job of NFL quarterback isn't Pope.  You don't get it for life.  I just have this nagging feeling that Manning deserves better.