Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Wall: Three

I visited "The Wall That Heals" during its visit to Plymouth earlier this month.

To get you up to speed, the wall is a 3/4 size replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC.  When these things first started passing through our area, I didn't think it was that big of a deal-- until I saw it in person.  It might be smaller, but the emotional punch is still there.

My visit was at 3 AM.  There was only one other person there, in addition to the people keeping an eye on the operation.  He's the man you see above.  He studied the names of those killed in Vietnam with great intent.  You could tell he was very emotional, so I gave him his space, his privacy.  But, I did ask how many he knew.  The response:  three.

That's three too many.