Saturday, October 12, 2019

Andy's Angles: Nothing is Forever

Forever 21 late last month declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.  The plan is to close about one-quarter of the chain's 800 stores.  The list of stores to be closed has yet to be released.

Forever 21 occupies some prime real estate inside the Viewmont Mall in Dickson City-- right near one of the main entrances, close to anchor Macy's and the food court.

If this one goes, it's bound to have a ripple effect in the rest of the mall.

I don't like crowds, so if I have to go to the mall, I always went right around opening time.  With malls so passe, any time is a good time during the week because it's rarely crowded.

As I noted before, I grew up in a time when malls were cool and visiting one was a treat.  It's sad that those days are over.