Thursday, October 3, 2019

Sad

It makes me sad.

I love newspapers.

I cut my teeth as a radio pup watching local newspaper legends prowl the hallways of courthouses in our area.  I was in awe of their connections, their knowledge, and their attention to detail.

One of America's great newspapers, the Pittsburgh Post~Gazette, this week, started publishing only three days a week.  The company is putting its oomph into digital and its web site.

Sorry, but I love that thump of the newspaper on the front porch in the morning, and as a kid, I really looked forward to when the afternoon newspaper would arrive.

I hope it works and the PPG will be around for a long time to come.  Unfortunately, the phrase that no one ever cut their way to survival comes to mind.

When you publish only three days a week, you are getting people used to not having that daily newspaper on the doorstep, and they might learn to live without you.