Friday, December 6, 2019

Horse Trading '19

It seems to start earlier every year, and I really should have made this blog entry a couple of weeks ago.  I call it "horse trading."

WNEP is a 24/7 operation.  While we might have some newscasts preempted because of college football,  we still need a staff around the clock, even on holidays.

This is the time of year when people take different shifts and do different things.  It's the give and take required to make sure everything's covered.  I'll be in, over the holidays, on some of my usual days off.  In return, I'll be free on days when I usually work.

It all evens out in the end.

The way I look at it, I'd rather work a holiday so people with big families, and people who have to travel can have the time off.  I'm fortunate in that everything I need to do is close.

Saddle up.  The holidays are here.