Thursday, December 12, 2019

Merry Christmas to Me

I spent my early years in radio, and I still fondly look back on those years.

A big part of my radio years was a big microphone.  This is the story of the Electro Voice model DO 56 L.

WARM had a great engineer, Pat Castellani.  He knew the value of quality sound, and he also sought to make my life a little easier.  The "L" in DO 56 L stands for "long."  When you are chasing politicians and perpetrators (sometimes one in the same), the extra few inches means a lot.  You can get the mic closer, past the other radio and TV types.  It didn't hurt that I had a WARM logo on top of  the mic that was the size of a barn door.  Pat ordered one for me, and it was worth its weight in gold.

To make a long story short, I was recently feeling nostalgic, and I missed my DO 56 L.  I found one for sale on the internet, and I bought it as an early Christmas present to myself.

I don't know what I'll do with it.  It's just nice to have in my collection of broadcasting stuff.