Friday, January 31, 2020

LIV a Little

Even though I've stopped paying much attention to the NFL, I feel compelled to do the tradition of making a Super Bowl pick.

First, it's refreshing to see a championship game that doesn't involve the New England Patriots.

The point spread is only 1.5, so, on paper, it looks to be a pretty good game.  The over/under is in the mid fifties, indicating gamblers think it will be a high scoring affair.

I'll follow my trend and habit,  and pick the team with the better defense, so I expect the San Francisco 49ers to defeat the Kansas City Chiefs.  I'm also leaning toward the "under."

I haven't seen a Super Bowl since 1999, and this one should be no different.  I might be up for the very end of the game.  We'll see what happens.

I also have zero interest in any commercial, especially the expected death of the beloved Mr. Peanut.  Hats off to the marketing geniuses at Kraft Heinz.  They let a "Mr. Peanut death" item trickle out a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, every radio station, television station, newspaper and social media site had to do something on it, giving the company millions, maybe billions in free advertising.  Wisely, since the death of Kobe Bryant, the company is backing off.

Gullibility makes me sad.  Please, leave me out of your "commercial" discussions.

I'm guessing Mr. Peanut is exceptionally popular and the company will find some way to give him new life.

Enjoy the game!