Thursday, April 30, 2020

Amazing

Now, more than ever, I'm convinced that history will judge the people of this era very poorly.  We are not the greatest generation.  It was made abundantly clear yesterday morning.

I had to make a life sustaining trip to a mini mart.  It's only a two mile trip, and it takes just a few minutes.

However, the trip took twice as long, as the road was filled with potholes and simply the worst patch jobs ever.

I tried a different route on the way home and it was twice as bad.  Both roads are legendary for being poorly maintained.  In fact, one was so bad a few years ago that COLTS made its buses take another route.

I'm surmising there are a number of reasons.  Heavy traffic, poor construction, bad drainage.  I suspect apathy is at the top of the list.  Those two roads have been bad for years.  Residents and business owners on the route put up with it.  People in government don't care.  They cannot be embarrassed.

I shake my head in sadness for civilization.