Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Election Days

I've been doing a lot of voting lately, more than once.  It was all perfectly legal.

This is the time of year when corporations hold their annual meetings, and elect boards of directors.

I'm no Rockefeller, but I have done a little saving and investing.  The notices come through the e-mail account from the company that manages my money.  The companies ask for my vote, and I always comply.

I recognize many board members.   Others are unknown.  It all comes down to this.  If the company is performing well, the directors get my vote.  If the company is foundering, forget about it.

I hasten to add that it really doesn't make much of a difference.  Giant investment firms control most of the shares, and therefore, most of the votes.  Still, I feel I have to perform my duties and responsibilities as a partial owner.

I will be heard!