Friday, May 1, 2020

April

April is gone, and I suspect most people are happy with that, even though we don't know what May will bring.

Meteorologically speaking, it was a below normal temperature month-- the first since November.  I suspect we were also below normal in the sunshine department, even though I don't have the statistics to back that up.

As I write this, there's a flood watch and there are predictions many rivers, creeks and streams will eventually reach flood stage and even higher.

It sounds odd, but we have been lucky this year.  Spring is severe weather time.  There have been bouts of nastiness, including one morning when Wilkes-Barre City Hall lost its roof.  Unlike last year, no tornadoes.  No flooding from storms, snow melt and ice jams.

May is usually one of my favorite months-- sunny, warm without being hot.  Let's see how it goes.