Thursday, May 14, 2020

Fail. Epic Fail.

It makes me laugh every time I see it.   It makes me angry every time I see it.

News releases on construction projects generate plenty of email at the office.  Today's topic is a release on a rather large undertaking.

It's the wording that gets to me.  It talks about "pavement failure."

No.  The pavement didn't fail.  It looked solid, and free of potholes from the day it was poured until the day it was ripped up.  The issue-- it wasn't even with the surrounding pavement.  Ladies and gentlemen, that's not a pavement failure.  It's a workmanship failure.  It's a quality failure.  It's a work ethic failure.  It's the failure of the inspector who signed off on the project.  It's a system failure.  It's a government failure.

There are times when the contractor picks up the tab for the repairs, and I don't know if that's the case here.  Regardless, we're still paying in the form of wasted gas and wasted time stuck in traffic.

It's time to call it what it is.