Thursday, June 4, 2020

Gift Horse

I actually like my auto insurance company.  The company in and of itself is great.  A couple claims over the years were handled quickly and efficiently.  The rates are reasonable.  I didn't have a rental car in my coverage, but because I was a long and valued customer, they gave me a car when I needed one anyway.  I should add, the staff at my agent's local office is top notch.  Good people.

A check arrived in the mail the other day.  It was a rebate.  5 per cent of my yearly bill.  The refund was because the company says fewer people are driving during the current situation and its costs are down.

Thank you very much.

It would have been easier if they just took the rebate amount off my bill, saving me a drive to the bank.

I know.  Shut up.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Cash the check.  Enjoy the money.