Sunday, August 30, 2020

Andy's Angles: Fashion Mall

I will admit that I'm like a little kid with the slow shutter speed thing.  I can't do it enough!

A Facebook friend recently suggested the Fashion Mall on Route 6 in Dickson City as a great place, and a safe place, to get some shots.  He showed me some nice ones of cars and trucks heading east and going up the hill.

As luck would have it, there wasn't much traffic during my recent 4 am visit, so I shot down the hill, looking toward the city of Scranton and Interstate 81.  This is an un-cropped photo. The Viewmont Mall parking lot is off to the left.  The Fashion Mall's guardrail is on the right.  The cars crossing lanes are turning into the Summit Pointe apartment complex.

You can't see it here, but Interstate 81 is crossing the picture, just above the overexposed road sign.  I hoped to get some Interstate 81 streaks, but it wasn't happening.

The shot above is cropped a bit, with a lot more traffic heading west toward Scranton.

This was done with a 40 mm prime lens.  Very sharp and forgiving.

I especially like how you can see the red lights of the TV towers in Hanover Township at the upper right, and that has to be at least 25 miles away.