Sunday, August 9, 2020

Andy's Angles: Poitraiture

As you know by now, I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on photography.

A big concept is "bokeh."  It's a Japanese word for a sharp subject with a blurred background.  It's especially effective for a word the experts throw around a lot, "portraiture."

If you're a regular blog reader,  and by looking at the pictures over the years,  you know I don't work with people.  I'm sure I could scare up a model or two, but statues are always there and they don't charge for their time.

I took this one in mid June, at the University of Scranton.

Mission accomplished, partially.

I got great background blur, which is what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, I should have backed off a bit and closed the aperture slightly and increased the shutter speed.  The photo is a little on the hot side.

Live and learn.