Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Foodie

I can't remember the last time I sliced open a grapefruit, but when I see grapefruit flavored soda, seltzer, candy, even lip balm, I'm buying it.

It seems like any time I stumble past the Food network, it's some competition show or "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives."  Speaking of which, every episode looks the same to me.  Anyway, there is a show called "Girl Meets Farm."  I like it.  Molly Yeh makes things average people eat.

As I've noted here before, David Portnoy's One Bite pizza reviews have grown on me.  I wish Portnoy would be a little more descriptive.  He does spend enough time on location and atmosphere.  I'd like to learn more on what makes a pizza good or bad.

Is is just me, or are the fast food chains advertising more these days?    As an employee of an advertiser supported medium, I'm not complaining.  People do seem to rely more on take-out these days, and the chains are seeking their slice of the pie.  Pardon the food pun.

On Friday, Newswatch 16 did a story on a new supermarket soon to open in Moosic.  It's great to see an old KMart store receive new life.  Competition makes everyone stronger.

It's pumpkin spice season, not one of my favorite flavors.  I see there is now a pumpkin spice hard seltzer.  I don't anticipate that one making its way in to my cart.

McDonald's is rolling out spicy chicken nuggets next month.  This is something I have to try.