Saturday, October 31, 2020

Andy's Angles: Deliberate Blur

 

This has become the year of the light trails here on the blog, and on a recent morning, I attempted to do something different.

When I do light trails, the shutter speed is 20 to 30 seconds.  I wanted to shorten it to just a couple, so you can actually see the vehicle making the light trail.

Above is a tractor trailer, pulling in to Wal Mart's parking lot, along Route 315 in Pittston Township.


Compared to just a general light streak shot, this technique is a lot more difficult.  You have to time it just right and hope you get lucky.  As you can see, this was not a morning for great luck.


Above is another tractor trailer turning left into Wal Mart's lot.  I have some lights from a truck and the white swoosh of the trailer making its turn.

I experimented with shutter speeds between one and two seconds.

I'll keep trying.