Sunday, October 25, 2020

Andy's Angles: A Little Closer

 

People who like to take train photos, sometimes called "rail weenies" have to walk a fine line.  You want that good shot, but you don't want to trespass.  Rail yards are dangerous places.  You don't want to get hurt and clearly you don't want to get killed in pursuit of that perfect photo.

This is a zoomed in camera phone shot of the new Von Storch shop in the Green Ridge section of Scranton.  It was tough to get a good angle on the considerable activity there.

I'll probably try it again soon with my good camera and lenses.  Maybe I'll ask to get a little closer.

As I said yesterday, I'm thrilled that our area still has a connection to its strong railroading past.

By the way, I've been going over some unpublished photos, and I have enough to last until the yearly "Top 10" countdown in December.  It's likely I'll sneak some in on weekdays so I can achieve a fresh start in the new year.