Thursday, December 10, 2020

Horse Trading

 

It happened early this year and there are no complaints.  It's nice to get the Christmas work schedule nailed down early.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day fall on my normal days off this year.  I easily could have pulled seniority/rank and taken the days off, but I did my yearly thing and volunteered to work.  It gives my younger coworkers, those with families, and those who have to travel a little extra time away from the office.

I don't expect a medal.  I've never been much of a holiday person, and working holidays really doesn't bother me.  Plus, I'll get what's called a "comp day," or another day off of my choosing.  No good deed goes unpunished.

The favor will not be returned on New Year's Eve.  I've done my share.  That is a night I will be off, even though I have no intention to party.

I'll be like the rest of you-- praying for a better year ahead.