Monday, January 18, 2021

Monday Scrapple

 

It's the first Scrapple of the new year, and the tradition of mediocrity continues...

The sound of a frying egg is one of the great joys of life.  If you ever make them for me, remember, I don't like my yolks too runny.

I finally have figured out how to schedule a Facebook post, and it came in handy around the holidays.  The blog will always be my baby.

Everyone went nuts to see 2020 disappear, and I get that.  While it was a horrible year, I just couldn't jump on that bandwagon.  It's a new year.  The problems haven't gone away.

Boscov's is closing the restaurants at its stores, blaming the current situation.  I get that, too  The restaurant business is tough to begin with.  A pandemic adds to the degree of difficulty.  Sad, nonetheless.

So much chaos in politics.  I'm not sure if that shows the system works, or doesn't.

The Tanya Roberts story is simply sad.  Dead.  Alive.  Dead.  Just 65.  She was great on "That 70's Show."

McDonald's is launching three new chicken sandwiches this month.  Outside of McNuggets, the chain is not known for its chicken skills.  I'll stick with my favorite, across the street.

You can never underestimate the positivity inspired by a sunny mid winter day.

Stumbling across a Three Stooges short on TV is still a major thrill. 

Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the start of the Gulf War.  We all knew it was coming, but it was still a shock.  I remember coming home from my radio job, eating dinner with Dan Rather, and watching CBS swing into "war mode."