Wednesday, March 17, 2021

FadWatch

 

A while back, I wrote how I was intrigued by new things, but I usually don't pull the trigger to get the newest and the greatest.  My smartphone is several years old, and I still have a tube TV.

I did fall victim to one fad.  Charcoal.  I bought a charcoal infused tooth brush and charcoal toothpaste a couple of years ago.  They were average.  I didn't notice any difference in my appearance or dental health.  It wasn't bad stuff.  It just didn't do anything special.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am about to pronounce the charcoal fad officially over.  Here's how I know.  My local dollar store is filled with charcoal dental products.  Yes, the dollar store is where products that don't sell eventually end up.  It's better to sell it for practically nothing than store it in a warehouse somewhere.  As I learned a long time ago, a little bit of something is better than a lot of nothing.

And yes, I did buy some.  Can't go wrong for $1.