Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Salty Goodness

 

It is the king of condiments:  Worcestershire sauce, and I'm out.

I hit three supermarkets last week.  I went 0 for 3.  They all had plenty of the other brands and the store brands.  They were out of the best, Lea & Perrins.  I should say don't read the ingredient list.  You'd never buy it if you did.

I put it on my burgers and cheese steaks.  I can't remember the last time I had an actual "steak."  Sorry, but the thought of a bloody hunk of meat just doesn't appeal to me.  I like it ground or chopped, and well done.

I refused to buy the lesser brands.  They taste like turpentine.

There has to be a reason for the shortage.  My first thought was people scooped it up to whip up home made Chex Mix for the Super Bowl.  Possibly, more people discovered the joy of a Bloody Mary.  A little tooling around on the internet provided the answer.  Lea & Perrins can't get enough bottles.  Are you kidding me?  It's 2021.  We can make a vaccine in nine months, but we can't bottle anchovies, garlic, onion, vinegar, tamarind, and molasses?

I did what I should have done in the first place-- ordered it on-line.