Wednesday, April 7, 2021

What's In a Name?

 

Entercom, a radio company, has changed its name to Audacy.  The radio.com platform has transitioned to audacy.com.

I get that.  Radio is no longer radio.  It's podcasting and a bunch of similar "on demand" services.

Here is my beef.  Audacy is a cute name, but any time I look at it, I see  "Audacity."  It's kind of awkward, and when I hear it on the air, my mind goes to odyssey, and not Audacy.

A big part of me believes they could have picked a better name.

The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Rush Limbaugh station is going local in the noon to three pm time period.  The choice?  Former Lackawanna County Commissioner Bob Cordaro.  He does have a radio background, legal knowledge, and he knows his way around the penal system, among other things.  He's been filling in quite a bit lately, but I have yet to hear his show.  Let's just call this one an interesting experiment.