Friday, May 7, 2021

I'm So Embarrassed

 

I take a lot of pictures and I've been doing it for a long time.

For the past few years, I've fallen victim to the big scam where your storage people tell you you need more room and it will cost you $3 a month to get it.  I finally decided I was wasting my money and I canceled the additional storage.

My next task was to delete enough photos to get me under the limit.  I discovered it wasn't difficult.  

The photos that I really liked were backed up elsewhere, and I even burned some CD's back in the day.

Here is the embarrassing part.  It wasn't difficult to decide what to delete because so many photos I took were simply awful.  Back in the early days, I shot just about everything on "automatic."  "Automatic" doesn't mean perfect.  That's why there are other settings on the camera.  And, even "automatic" can't fix bad framing.

On the positive side, it was nice to see where I was, to see where I am today-- far from perfect, but a lot better than those early days.