Wednesday, May 5, 2021

This Diamond Ring

 

Where there is no need, you create one.  

Tiffany's is coming out with a line of engagement rings for men.  I'm sure other jewelers will follow suit.

How do I feel?  Why not!?

It's a nice way of showing commitment, and if it's good enough for one half of the couple, it should be good for the other.

Would I wear one?  Tough call.  I don't like jewelry.  I wear a watch, but only on work days.  Upon maternal insistence, I got a high school graduation ring.  I wore it once-- the night I graduated.  It's been in the box ever since.   I knew I would never wear it, and graduating from high school was no major accomplishment.  I thought the whole ring thing was silly, but I fell victim to convention.  I did get a chuckle out of my best friend on graduation night.  He loved his ring, and, of course, forgot to wear it to the ceremony.

College was a much more meaningful accomplishment.  I didn't buy a ring.  See paragraph above.  I knew I would never wear it.

There is no engagement on my horizon, so a new ring is a moot point.  I do give a lot of credit to Tiffany's for finding a new source of revenue.