Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Aylesworth Park


I thought I'd get this one out of the way before the pictures look really dated. I was at Aylesworth Park in Archbald Friday morning, before the leaves started to pop. This is a relatively new park, and it has the potential to be one of the nicest in the area.

This is a view of the lake...

...and a goose going for a morning swim...
...as another walked through a near by field.

There's even a waterfall.
Here's a closer look.And, this is the view of the Casey Highway from the top of the dam.

You can increase the size of the photos by clicking on them, just like the old blog site.

The park could use a few things, like a clearly marked walking trail and some real rest rooms, rather than the current portable plastic cabinets of awful aromas.

In addition, there should be more signs pointing to the park and wider access roads. I thought I was driving in to a cemetery Friday morning. Luckily, I asked a man walking in the area for directions, and he said I was on the right road.

I realize the county has other priorities right now, but a few dollars can make Aylesworth Park one of the county's top destinations.