Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Towanda


Yesterday was a little like last Tuesday-- another adventure in what I call "hit and run" Get in. Get the story. Get out. Get it on the air. Last Tuesday, it was Jim Thorpe. Yesterday, it was another of my favorite places-- Towanda. You know things are going to go well for you when you walk into the borough offices and you hear someone say "You look much better in person." It made my day.

Yesterday's story dealt with the demolition of a building damaged by fire more than two years ago. It was a beautiful building at one time, but it had to come down. Dealing with the owners and the insurance company caused the long delay.

There's no other way to say it-- Towanda is a pretty town. I've covered a lot of stories there over the years. Some happy. Some tragic. They all have something in common-- I didn't get a chance to spend as much time there as I'd like.

Towanda goes down on the list-- a place that I just have to take a day to explore.