Thursday, September 25, 2008

Selling Out


The country's current economic crisis is frightening and fascinating at the same time.

It's clear the government has to step in. I'm not sure if it should be in the form of a bail-out or increased regulation, or both. And then, there's the matter of degree.

I'm not looking for my pound of flesh here, but I haven't seen or read much about punishing the people responsible for the mess, or at least keeping them to some degree of accountability.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but another concern of mine is a fear politics is the primary concern-- not the economic health of the middle and lower class.

John McCain wants to delay Friday night's planned debate so he and the rest of congress can focus on the fix. I can see where he's coming from, but I'd really like to hear more of McCain's ideas, as well as those of Barack Obama. A debate would be the prefect place to do it. Yes, the first debate topic is foreign policy and national security. America's economic health affects both.