Friday, October 3, 2008

Scrapple Friday


When you see the scrapple, you know you're going to get a little bit of everything.

This political season has to be a record setter. My mail box is filled with campaign ads every day. I guess "going green" doesn't count at election time.

We've gone several days without a presidential or vice presidential candidate visit to our area. We're due.

Don't forget, Monday is the last day to register to vote in the November election.

The Luzerne County SPCA's annual "Walk for the Animals" is Saturday. Help if you can. Click here for more information.

GPS navigation systems fascinate me.

Change is inevitable, especially in the television business.

While I tend like to like the wild card in major league baseball, I'm having trouble getting interested in the first round of playoffs.

I've finally found a brand and style of microwave popcorn that I really like. However, nothing beats the "real" stuff.

You can get around the smoking ban if less than 20 per cent of your revenue comes with food. I've been in a few establishments recently that still allow smoking, even though they serve a lot of sandwiches and bar snacks. Who's checking the books?

America's financial problems appear to be as much a Washington failure as a Wall Street failure. All the signs were there, beginning a few years ago. The problem is, no one bothered to read them.

I've seen gasoline at around $3.40 a gallon. We now think that's a bargain, and that's just sad.

I'm looking forward to leaf peeping season.

Enjoy your weekend!