Tuesday, February 3, 2009

43


Judging by the highlights I saw Monday morning, and the stories I read, I missed a tremendous Super Bowl.

I'm okay with that.

Monday morning wake up time is 2:00 AM, and even if I had a "normal" schedule, I wouldn't have watched the game. Call me a bad fan, but I would have been too nervous to have a good time and enjoy the action on the field. Animal Planet's "Puppy Bowl" would have filled my screen, rather than the NFL championship game.

I'm still having cramps from the Pittsburgh/Indianapolis playoff game three years ago. That's the game the Steelers almost blew, and Ben Roethlisberger made a shoe string tackle, after an Indianapolis interception, with seconds left.

Reflections on the season? I think Pittsburgh will be remembered as a good team, not a great team. While the defense was strong, the offense was merely adequate. However, there's something that doesn't show up in the statistics. Pittsburgh squeaked by in several games this year. They always found a way to get it done. That's what gets you the big trophy.

It was a long season. It ended on a great note, and I'm glad it's over. It's time for a break.

One final thing, and it comes from the "even a dumb hog finds an acorn once in a while" category... I correctly said the Steelers would win a close one. It almost makes up for my dismal playoff record.