Monday, February 16, 2009

Bailing Out of Linked In


I've created a monster. A few weeks ago, I blogged that I have a "Linked In" profile, even though I don't know what it does, and its value is virtually zero. Of course, that prompted a flurrie of invitations from people who have Linked In profiles.

I had an epiphany Friday morning. I'm wasting my time with this. My Linked In account has been deleted. Permanently. Adios!

It's part of my psyche. If I see something getting popular, and Linked In was spreading through the halls and computers of 16 Montage Mountain Road, I unfailingly head in the other direction.

I have more important things to do with my time, and when I discover what they are, I'll let you know.

Linked In seems like a decent service for the right people. It's just not for me.

If you need me for something, pick up the phone or drop me a line. I'll do the same.

Just consider me "linked out."