Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Return


My "financial consultant" and I usually keep in touch through e-mail and regular mail. Occasionally, there's a face to face meeting, and one is scheduled for today.

This one will be a little different. It's the first since her company opened an office in the 400 block of Lackawanna Avenue in downtown Scranton.

While it's a different site for the company, it's a familiar one to me.

It's the site of the old WYOU. You may remember, I spent about seven years there, in two tours of duty. I just couldn't get enough the first time around.

This is no indictment of the current WYOU or any of the people who now work there, but let's talk a little about the past.

To say the least, we had our challenges. Maybe "struggles" would be a better word. We tried our best, but there are times when your best isn't good enough. If you watched, you knew. There's no need to go in to it.

Looking back, most of the bad memories has been shifted to a back burner. I did have some good times there, did some good stories, worked with some great people, learned a lot. Laughed. Cried. Some things worked. Many did not.

I don't know if it's a coincidence, or if the site is cursed. My portfolio has dropped in value since my financial consultant's move to Lackawanna Avenue.

Let's hope it turns around soon. Like my time on Lackawanna Avenue, nothing lasts forever.