Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Sorry I Never Met You

Ann Nicholson of Exeter died in a Sunday night fire.

As I've noted in the past, I'm always amazed when people who've experienced horrible things are willing to go on camera. We talked with Ann's son, Jeff, Monday afternoon. There were some things he wanted us to know about his mom, pictures he wanted to share.

My heart broke for Jeff and his brothers-- to lose your mom in a fire, and on Mother's Day on top of that.

We heard nice things about Ann Nicholson all day, from her former tavern customers, from her neighbors, from her friends, and from her son.

I'm sorry for your loss.

When you do stories like this, you can't help but think of your own family. I've been blessed with a great set of parents and not a day goes by when I'm not thankful.