Friday, May 29, 2009

Two Weeks !!!


It seems like it would never get here, but the day all full powered TV stations are forced to turn off their analog transmitters is two weeks from today! I'm thrilled. No more crawls. No more announcements. By the way, don't blame us. All that stuff is mandated by the federal government.

While we're talking about TV, Jay Leno leaves the "Tonight" show tonight. Conan O'Brien takes over Monday. Leno gets a Monday through Friday 10:00 PM show in September. As noted earlier, I can't stand either one of these guys. I'm smart enough to realize both have been around a long time. Both have spent years as number one in their time slots, so obviously, they're well liked. You can't teach that. You can't bottle that. It's worth a ton of money.

I'm rarely up that late, but when I am, it's Letterman.