Thursday, November 5, 2009

CTC


I've had a rash of bad luck with my recent school stories.  The students I encountered couldn't form complete sentences, on or off camera.  Some were downright rude.

My luck changed Monday morning at the Career Technology Center of Lackawanna County.  The kids seemed genuinely happy to be back after a teachers strike.  They like their school, and they want to learn.  I really enjoyed speaking with them.

As for the CTC itself, it's a major disappointment, and I'll tell you why.  The web site leaves a lot to be desired.  There is no information on continuing education.  I was interested in taking a photography and/or PhotoShop course.   I started checking the web site months ago.  You would think a Technology Center would have a really good, up to date, web site.  I found a brochure in the building Monday morning, but the courses I was interested in concluded weeks ago.  I hope the web site gets up to speed by the spring.

Our tax dollars help support the CTC.  We could and should do better.