Monday, December 21, 2009

2009: Scranton Lace

I recently assembled a computer searchable database of all the photos I've taken in the last four years.  I might as well put that information to good use, fill some down time around the holidays, and put up my ten favorite photos of 2009.

There are days between now and the end of the year when there will be just a favorite old photo.  I'll add more topical fare as the need arises.




I've photographed this place many times in the past.  It's the clock tower above the old Scranton Lace factory.  It's a magnificent building, and there are plans here to do something with it-- like create space for artists and residential lofts.  However, money is tight these days, and nothing is imminent.  That's sad.

And, on the first day of Christmas week, a partridge in a pear tree, in Scranton's Nay Aug Park.