Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Time II

Not only did I make my first visit to the trolley museum in Scranton this year, I also stopped by the Nay Aug Park Christmas light show for the first time ever.

The show is in its eighth year, but for some reason, I never found the time to take a look.

Above is the "welcome" sign in front of the Everhart Museum.

Below is the "Electric City" sign that resembles the one atop a Linden Street building.


And this is what it's all about...                                                                                              




This is what you see as you leave the park.


Overall impressions?  I was surprised I liked it so much.  It's free, but they will take donations to help with the upkeep of the park.  There's a hot chocolate station, but it wasn't open when I stopped by.  I walked through the park.  Most people drive.  Parts of the park are very dark, so make sure you keep an eye on approaching vehicles.  Pedestrians are difficult to see.

I took a ton of photographs the other night.  I considered doing a slide show, but the photos would have been too small.  I'll spread out a few more this week.

Happy Holidays, and stay well.