Wednesday, December 16, 2009

There's a First Time For Every Thing



Born here.  Raised here.  A couple weeks ago, I paid my very first visit to the trolley museum in Scranton.  It's off Cliff Street, next to the Steamtown National Historic Site.

Regular blog readers know that I like trains, and I like history.  The trolley museum was always on my list of places to visit, and I finally made it there.

There were a few reasons for the visit.  I had nothing better to do on a winter afternoon.  I wanted to get out and play with my camera...

And, I wanted to see the Festival of Trees.  Schools, businesses, community groups, etc. pay a fee to have a decorated tree here.   Money raised goes to Toys For Tots.    I couldn't photograph them all.


You can also vote for your favorite tree.  I didn't do it.  It was impossible to make a choice.  They're all great.  The trees range from the traditional to the wildly creative.

There's a $6 admission charge for adults.  I have to level with you.  I think that's a bit high.  The trolley museum is open 7 days a week.  There's a reduced schedule during the months of January, February, and March.

Overall, I had a nice time there-- history and Christmas.  It's a nice combination.

For more information, you can go to the trolley museum's web site.